To Vima reports today that the Council on Foreign Affairs and Defence is convening today to decide on whether to allow the move of the Greek Battalion to Herat, as reported here.
The article reports that the decision to move the battalion was taken by the previous government and that the current government is looking to change this. The initiative to keep the force in Kabul comes just a few days after the plans for the move was uncovered. The size of the mission will likely also not change.
Athens will try to offset the new decision to keep the force in Kabul and with its present strength in other ways. One of the options being considered, according to military sources, is the possibility of donating money to various Provincial Reconstruction Teams which have been set up by ISAF.